Bengaluru news: Block your calendars for these exciting events in Bengaluru this Saturday
Yamini C S | Edited by Chandrashekar Srinivasan
Events happening in Bengaluru on Saturday, July 16:
Stand-up Comedy –
- HSR Comedy Nights: Earthlings Comedy Theatre and Catch Up Bengaluru, bring the best comedians to HSR Layout. This is the only stand-up comedy show in or around HSR Layout, so come down with your friends to a night filled with great jokes, food and drinks! Tickets on bookmyshow.com
- Wild Comedy Nights at Indiranagar: Comedy Shots presents Wild Comedy Nights at The Tilt Bar Republic as Somnath Padhy, Gautham Govindhan, and other regulars crack you up with their jokes. Tickets on bookmyshow.com
- Bloodywood Nine Inch Naans India Tour 2022 – 8 pm onwards at Gilly’s Redefined (for 21+ only). Indian folk metal band Bloodywood is embarking on their ‘Nine Inch Naans Tour’ this month and will be touring Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad before heading out to play major festivals across Europe, the UK, the United States and Japan. Tickets on insider.in
- Classic Rock Thursdays ft DJ Shanu – at Hard Rock Cafe in Whitefield. It’s time to enjoy the golden era of rock music as DJ Shanu plays the best classic rock songs of all time.
- Einstein – a play based on the life of Albert Einstein at Ranga Shankara with Naseeruddin Shah in the lead. Tickets on bookmyshow.com
Workshops and Parties –
- Vecna’s Curse – A Stranger Things themed party at 9 pm with celebrity DJs at Farzi Cafe in Ashok Nagar.
- Dance-n-Drama Therapy Workshop – Deep psychological healing through playful movement and drama therapy exercises at Lahe Lahe Bengaluru.
Monsoon is crucial to parched baolis, for they wait to resurrect themselves with rainwater; though not in all its glory. Yet, these stepwells continue to remain vital, be it to harvest rainwater, for congregations or selfies with friends. Here’s a glimpse of a few of the baolis across the Capital, and their rich history.
A video of clothes being dried inside a coach of a Mumbai local train has gone viral amusing social media users. The video has been shared by Dadarmumbaikar handle on Instagram as Mumbai continues to face heavy rain leading to inconveniences like clothes not drying etc. But as the video goes viral, it seems Mumbaikars have finally found the solution. An old tweet shows a similar photo of clothes hanging inside a Mumbai local coach.
The Karnataka police on Friday sought permission of a court here to conduct narco-analysis test on IPS officer Amrit Paul, arrested in connection with the PSI recruitment scam. Paul was arrested on July 4 and is in police custody since then. His 10-day custody was extended by three days on Wednesday. Paul is the highest-ranking police officer arrested in connection with the fraud. Karnataka high court to govt
Organ donation by a brain-dead woman saved the lives of five people, including two Army soldiers in the Command Hospital Southern Command in Maharashtra’s Pune. After the necessary clearances, the transplant team at the hospital was immediately activated and alerts were sent to the zonal transplant coordination centre (ZTCC) and Army Organ Retrieval and Transplant Authority. Throughout Thursday night and early Friday morning, viable organs – like kidneys – transplanted into the two soldiers.
The Haryana Vigilance Bureau on Friday arrested a tout for accepting ₹4,500 as bribe from a resident for providing a copy of a land registry at the Ambala Tehsil office. The accused was identified as Gagandeep, alias Gagan, a resident of Manakpur village in Ambala City. Inspector Ram Phal of the Vigilance Bureau said Gagandeep was caught accepting the bribe near the revenue department’s HRA branch at the Tehsil office.